Resources for Families on the Move
Interview with Rebecca Grappo on Dubai One television about TCKs
Articles and Presentations by Rebecca Grappo
Click on the links to take you to a complete listing of articles and presentations.
- Berenstain, Stan, & Berenstain, Jan. The Berenstain Bears' Moving Day. Random House for Young Readers.
- Hess, Melissa Brayer, & Linderman, Patricia, 2002. The Expert Expatriate: Your Guide to Successful Relocation Abroad. Nicholas Brealey Publishing.
- Jehle-Caithcheon, Ngaire, 2003, Parenting Abroad. Aletheia Publications
- Johnson, Spencer and Pileggi, Steve, Who Moved My Cheese for Kids. Penguin Putman Books for Young Readers
- MacLachlan, Patricia, Your Moon, My Moon: a Grandmother's Words to a Faraway Child - A lovely picture book from a grandmother who lives in Massachusetts to her grandchild in Africa.
- Pascoe, Robin with contributions from Barbara F. Schaetti, PhD and Lois J. Bushong, MS, LMFT, Raising Global Nomads: Parenting Abroad in an On-Demand World. Expatriate Press
- Pascoe, Robin, Culture Shock: A Wife's Guide, Expatriate Press
- Pascoe, Robin, A Broad Abroad, Expatriate Press
- Pittman, Lisa and Smit, Diana, Expat Teens Talk. Expat Teen Talk, Peers, Parents, and Professionals offer support, advice and solutions in response to expat life challenges as shared by expat teens. Summertime Press
- Pollock, David C. and Van Reken, Ruth E., The Third Culture Kid Experience: Growing Up among Worlds. Intercultural Press
- Quick, Tina, The Global Nomads Guide to University Transition, Summertime Publishing
- Simens, Julia, Emotional Resilience and the Expat Child, practical storytelling techniques that will strengthen the global family. Summertime Press
- Zoer, Martine, The Kid's Guide to Living Abroad. Foreign Service Youth Foundation, www.fsyf.org
Websites that are Helpful for Children and International Living Issues:
if you would are interested in booking a speaking engagement for your school or organization.